WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT LEISURE
What so many people fail to understand about leisure, how important it is, and the types of activities to engage in at their leisure time.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF LEISURE
Many people are still unaware of what they should do when stressed, they think that the only thing to do when stressed is by sleeping, though this might help, it has also been proven that leisure is one of the best ways to relieve stress
My previous post on stress I made mention of leisure as one of the ways to ease stress, Ok now someone may be wondering, how can leisure ease stress? Well am here to answer your question and not only telling you how, but I will also tell you why you need time off and the types of activities you can take or carry out at your leisure time which will really be of good help to ease your stressful moments or that of someone close to you. But before taking you to that, I will love you too, first of all, understand what leisure is.
What is leisure?
To me, leisure means sparing out some time or giving yourself a free time away from your job, business, domestic chores, education as well as some necessary activities like sleeping and eating. Leisure is the free time you give to yourself in other for you to think right as well as to put somethings straight.
Why should I give myself some free time when am stressed?
When you engage in leisure activities, it will help;
- To lower your stress levels.
- Gives you a better mood.
- It lowers your heart rate.
- Gives you a more psychological engagement — that means less boredom, which can help avoid unhealthy behaviors.
- Reduces depression.
- Leisure provides you the chance to find balance in your life.
- Leisure also puts you in control of how you’re spending your time, which is an important consideration because you may feel overwhelmed by obligation
- Taking part in leisure activities as a family is also beneficial for your kids because you’re modeling healthy ways to handle stress and emotions.
- Leisure helps you to create new relationships and strengthen an existing one
- Leisure ( physical leisure), improves your fitness and help you stay active as you age.
- Leisure activities can help you recover quickly from negative life events such as the loss of a loved one.
- Leisure can provide you a distraction, comfort, and a sense of control when dealing with a variety of chronic health conditions.
After knowing why you should spare some time for yourself and family, it is also good for you to know some of the importance of leisure
- Leisure provides you the opportunities to meet life values and needs.
- By participating in leisure activities, people build social relationships.
- Makes you feel positive emotions.
- Acquire additional skills and knowledge, and thereby improving their quality of life.
What are the basic types of leisure activities to take?
- watch movies and tv often
- talk to friends, you can visit friends or invite them over to your house where you people spend quality time together chatting.
- go out for sightseeing
- Listen to your favorite kinds of music as well as explore new ones.
- Reading books
- Visit museums
- Take a walk in parks
- Play video games, you can visit game stations or install in your home
- Sunbathing, you can go to the pool or seas for swimming
- You can do some paintings
- Do horseback riding
- Go on picnics
- Do model building
- Attending sports events
- Driving around or to places you have never been
- Attend concerts like music concerts.
- Watch live plays on theatres
- Dine out with your friends or family
- Attend auctions
- Go fishing
- Do bird watching
- attending auto races
- do bicycle
Engaging in leisure activities stimulates the production of neurochemicals that in turn improve physical health. Therefore leisure should be one of our nutritious elements which will not only keep us going, but will make our lives better.